Our feline friends are soothing and they bring calmness & tranquility to us. Perhaps that’s why most cat owners become so addicted to their pussycats and love them unconditionally. If cats can do all they can to make us happy, then we need to make them happier, a good way to do this is by buying a cat tree or tower for your feline friend. Apart from keeping it in the company, cat towers and trees also improve the health and well-being of our feline friends.
We all know that interacting with felines brings joy and happiness but do you know that interacting with felines benefits our health and well-being? Oh, yes, interacting with cats does that, here’s an overview of what research show about how cats improve our wellbeing and boost our mental health.
Researches have shown that cat pictures and videos on the internet are very addictive, many spend a lot of time procrastinating watching those lovely clips and pictures. This helps in soothing the mind, making us happier, and keeping away bad emotions.
So don’t feel bad when you spend time watching those clips as they pay off with improving your mental health as proved by research.
Research conducted by the Cats Protection feline charity in the United Kingdom has proved that people that spend much time with cats tend to be calmer and less aggressive than those that don’t.
Among those that participated in this research, 76 percent claimed that their costs helped them to cope with daily stress while about 87 percent said being with cats has improved their overall wellbeing.
Apart from mental health and wellbeing, being with cats also have physical health benefits to their owners. It was gathered that people who kept costs as pets are less likely to experience heart attacks. This is somehow related to the research that shows how cat owners tend to be calmer and less upset. Being a calm and soothing pet, cats indirectly contribute to the wellbeing of our hearts.
A research carried out by medical news today shows that children that free up with cats are less likely to get allergies or obesity. The experts that carried out the research highlight that this may be as a result of a large number of Ruminococcus and Oscillospira – two gut bacteria that have protective effects.
Experts also proved that early exposure to cats helps children to absorb sialic acid which is not present in humans but when absorbed has a great effect in regulating inflammatory reaction thereby reducing the risk of getting infected with asthma.
Apart from physical and mental health, cats also influence our personalities and behaviors, for example; children with disorders that affect their ability to read and communicate with others tend to improve their social interaction when they are exposed to living with cats.
Cats have many advantages to our lives that we can’t even count, these friendly animals surely need something in return for all the goods they are doing to us. We can make them happy by feeding them well, treating them with care and compassion, and providing toys for them, one of which is a cat tree or a cat tower, which not only keep the cat in the company but also helps in maintaining its health. Below we shall discuss some importance of cat towers to the health and well-being of our feline friends, after that we are going to take a look at some of the best cat trees and towers that are available on Amazon. I know you won’t like to miss anything in this article as all are worth reading, so please grab of cup of coffee as you go through it.
Importance of Cat trees and towers to your feline Friend
Cat trees and towers are artificial structures made mostly from woods for cats to play, rest and sleep on. These structures come in different styles and heights. They are well-loved by cats, especially the tall ones that help them get a clear view of their territory.
Apart from playing on cat towers, these structures also help in maintaining the health and well-being of our feline friends. Below are some of the importance of cat trees and towers to our pet’s health.
Provide them with Personal Space
It might not give them privacy but at least it provides them with their personal space. As we all know, felines are less sociable compared to canine friends. Though cats like curling up on their owner or cuddling them, there are some times that you will notice they will prefer to be alone, either grooming themselves or just resting. Having a tower or tree will provide your cat with the personal space it wants.
It Serves as a form of exercise
Just like dogs, cats too like to exercise to maintain a healthy weight. The playing, jumping, and catching they do is a form of exercise. Some cat owners like to go on a walk with their cats on a leash, thereby exercising them. But do you know that a cat tree or a cat tower is the best structure to allow your feline friend to exercise at ease?
The tree will keep your cat engaged going up & down, this will also keep them away from being bored and lonely. And it will also stop them from scratching your couches and cushions.
It Make Them Feel Like Kings/Queens
Cats like being royal, they love observing their territory, that’s why you will always see them climbing up. To stop them from leaving hair all over your house, buy a tower for your feline friend where it can sit and watch the whole room as it grooms itself. By doing so, you have saved your fridge, your couches, and your cushions from being messed up by the hair.
It Reduces Risk of anxiety
Just like humans and some animals, cats are also prone to anxiety, especially when you introduce a new pet into the house. You will see them secluding themselves under the bed or the table.
If you want to create a sense of safety for your cat, think of buying a tower for it, where it can climb, relax, and rest whenever they are guests or when you introduce a new pet into the house.
It keeps them United
We all know that cats like being territorial especially male felines. We have seen many cases where two male felines will be fighting each other because of sharing of couch or window side, if you have such kinds, don’t worry, a cat tree will solve the issue. Get a big cat tree that has many branches and perches so that each cat will be able to mark its territory.
Buying a cat tree or tower is of extreme importance to you and your feline friend, buy the one that has many branches and perches with a dangling toy or two to keep your feline friend engaged while improving its overall health.
However, if you notice that your cat isn’t using the tower well, check if anything is amiss, a good idea is to change the position of the tower. Some good places to place a cat tower are beside a window or a spot in your parlor where your kitty can get an overhead view of everything in the room.
When buying a cat tower there are factors to note, these factors include:
Size of your cat: If you have a large cat, think of choosing a big tower with many perches for it, a small tower won’t be exciting for a large cat. However, some small cats can use big towers especially if they are very playful and they like climbing up and down
Know your cat: Knowing the type of pet you kept is the most important factor to note when choosing a cat tower, if your cat is a calm and peaceful one, think of choosing a simple tower with fewer perches for it. However, if the cat is playful and naughty, a big tower with many perches is the best.
Material: Another thing to deem when choosing a cat tower is the material the tower is made from. Mostly, cat towers are made from ropes, rugs, solid timber, boards, and vinyls sometimes. Different kinds of woods can be used, towers made from solid woods tend to last more than others. Also, choose a tower that has a soft carpet on top as felines like soft rugs.
Other factors to note when buying a cat tree or tower include, number of cats in the house, the appearance of the tower, a wide base, toughness, and how secured the tower is, and above all your budget.
The 5 Best Cat Trees and Towers Are Reviewed Below
There are hundreds of cat trees and towers both in local and online markets. A good place to buy a cat tree or tower is Amazon, however, many brands sell their towers there, as such choosing the best isn’t an easy task. To save you from the stress of looking for the best, we have reviewed the 5 best cat towers available on Amazon.
Rabbitgoo Cat Tree For Indoor Cats
The Rabbitgoo tall cat tree for indoor cat portraits is a blend of aesthetics and functionality. Having various recreational spots, the luxury cat tower also facilitates resting thereby making it the perfect tower that enhances the physical and mental health of our feline friends while keeping them happy.
The tower is made from high-grade particleboard and has a solid build that ensures your cat’s security. Rabittgoo cat tree comes with an ultra-soft rug cover that will undoubtedly be loved by a feline.
This cat furniture comes in elegant colors and modern designs that will enhance your interior decor while keeping your cat healthy and happy. It also comes with a complete set of instructions and also the necessary tools, making it easy for you to assemble.
Indeed, the Rabbitgoo cat tree for indoor cats is a feline playground, a gym, and a castle.
- Each Package comes with; a cat tower with a dimension of 26.3” L x 19.6” W x 61” H (67 L x 50 W x 155 H cm), a set of tools and instruments, and an installation manual
- It has a roomy condo, a deep hammock, a rugged perch, and a cradle
- Has ladder and posts that will motivate your cat to climb, and also have dangling toys to keep your friend engaged
- It is made from a high-quality sturdy wood that is very durable and stable
- Has a thickened base plate to ensure the safety and stability of your cat.
- Comes with many durable sisals wrapped posts that protect the furniture from sharp claws
- Comes with a plushy faux fur cover that lines both the inside and outside of the tower
- It can hold up to 33lbs as such many cats can use it
- Brand’s name: Rabbitgoo
- Manufacturer: GLOBEGOU CO., LTD
- Country of origin: China
- Weight of item: 15 pkg
- Dimension of item: 26.38 x 19.69 x 61.42 inches [L × H × W]
- Dimension of item package: 20.1 x 20 x 10 inches [L × H × W]
- Target audience: Indoor cats
- Age range: Kittens and adults
- Breed recommendation: Average sized cats
- Color: Different colors available
- Material: Engineered wood
- Specific uses of product: Improvement of mental and physical health
- It serves as an entertainment center for cats
- It provides scratching posts for nail sharpening
- Improves the mental and physical health of cats
- It is only of average-sized cats
- It doesn’t come with a warranty
TINWEI Cat Scratcher Tower Furniture
Another amazing cat tower available on Amazon is the TWINWEI cat scratcher tower, made from engineered wood and faux fur, the tower is very durable, stable, and stylish.
The tower is tall enough to allow your feline friend to observe around like a king or queen. It also has four levels that will enable your cat to join up and down keeping it engaged, happy while reducing Its risk of anxiety and improving its overall health.
The TWINWEI has a naturally durable and high-quality sisal post that can withstand long-time scratching.
This cat scratching tower comes in a gorgeous style and it’s covered with a soft rug that will keep your cats rolling and playing on top of it over and over again.
Surely, the TWINWEI cat scratching tower is a good place for cats to observe their surroundings and relax.
There are two models available, the old one & the updated one, You stand a chance to get any model.
- Each package comes with a TWINWEI Cat Scratching tower that has an overall dimension of size:25.98″x16.14“x35.43″
- It has a condo, a dangling toy, and up & down steps
- It is made from high quality and durable engineered wood
- The base is very sturdy and stable
- Has strong sisal post that can withstand scratching
- Has four levels to enable your cat to jump up and down
- Brand name: TWINWEI
- Manufacturer: TWINWEI
- Weight of item: 16.72 pounds
- Dimension of item: 25.98×16.14×35.43 Inch [L × H × W]
- Dimension of item package: 17.32 x 13.46 x 8.07 inches [L × H × W]
- Target audience: Indoor cats, Cats scratching
- Age range: All cats
- Breed recommendation: Average sized breeds
- Color: Grey
- Material: Engineered wood
- Specific uses of product: Cat scratching and recreational item
- It was made from a durable engineered wood
- It has four levels for your cat to jump up and down thereby facilitating exercise
- It has a large amount of sisal post that can withstand scratching for a long time
- You aren’t sure of the model you will get, that is, Amazon might choose to give you the old or updated one
- You have placed it against the wall
Hey Brother XL Cat Tree
The Hey bro is a team of real cat lovers, that are very familiar with cats and they understand all the needs & wants of feline friends. Their big size cat tree is made of high-quality products; a sturdy CARB certified particle wood and a piece of plush soft fabric, a strong scratch-resistant sisal post.
Their cat tower also comes with a comfortable hammock, dangling toys, a backrest platform, and an enlarged cat litter space.
It Features three roomy condos for your cats napping, three plush perches having a raised edge to provide more safety while giving your cats a good overview of the whole surrounding.
The hey bro tower also comes with three dangling balls to play with, layers for climbing up and down, and a sisal-covered slope to add fun to your cats during playtime.
Hey, bro cat tower is well equipped with all the hardware, tools, instruments, and all the instructions needed for easy installation of the cat tree. And some good news, it can accommodate up to 3 to 4 cats.
- The Hey bro cat tree is made of sturdy posts, durable and stable baseboard that protect it from wobbling.
- Multiple scratching posts & durable sisal posts are perfect for your cats to scratch their claws, protecting your furniture from their scratching.
- Has three comfy condos, three plush perches, and three jingling balls to keep your cat engaged.
- Several layers for climbing up and down, a sisal-covered slope adding fun
- Detailed instructions on how to quickly install the tower
- Suitable for 3 to 4 cats of different ages to play and relax on
- Brand name: Hey Brother
- Manufacturer: Hey Brother
- Weight of item: 58.9 pounds
- Dimension of item: 20.9 x 20.9 x 73.4 inches [L × H × W]
- Dimension of item package: 22 x 21.5 x 13.5 inches [L × H × W]
- Target audience: Cats
- Age range: All ages
- Breed recommendation: Big and small cats
- Color: Different colors
- Material: Fabric, plush, and sisal
- Specific uses of product: Recreation, relaxation, and exercise
- Have many perches and condos as such, Many cats can play and relax on it
- Comes with three interactive jingling balls to keep your cat engaged
- Has multiple scratching posts and sisal ropes
- Shelves aren’t big enough for large cats
- It is somehow unsteady and needs to be placed against the wall
BEWISHOME Cat Tower Condo
The BEWISHOME modern cat tree is made up of good plush material giving your cats a comfortable and royal feeling in their castle. Featuring well-cushioned perches, durable sisal scratching posts, a nice hammock, several layer design, a spacious house, and jingling bells, the BEWISHOME cat tower is the perfect option for multiple cats owners.
Having a solid build and a sturdy, this tower ensures your cats are safe while having fun from the cat stand.
The nicely cushioned perch and the plush material keep your cats comfortable, while the cozy condo is the perfect place for felines to have a nap in. A cozy basket to make your friend feel spoiled and cozy while the jingling balls are there to provide fun for your kitties.
- Spacious top perches with raised edges to provide your cats with a good view of the outside
- A cat condo having two openings for your friend to sneak in and out leisurely
- A sturdy large base having strong particleboard and plates to ensure the safety and stability
- Jumping board layouts for climbing up and down, and a sisal rope post for scratching
- Comes with step by step instruction on how to assemble it easily and quickly
- Capable of holding both large and small cats
- Brand name: BEWISHOME
- Manufacturer: BEWISHOME
- Weight of item: 12.4 Kilograms
- Dimension of item package: 21 x 21 x 7.5 inches [L × H × W]
- Target audience: House cats
- Age range: All cats
- Breed recommendation: Average sized cats
- Color: Smoky grey
- Comes with comfortable perches, a plush material, a condo, and a basket
- Suitable for 3 to 4 cats
- Very easy to assemble
- Only two colors are available
BOSOZOKU Cactus Cat tree
The BOSOZOKU cactus cat tree is covered with a fine fabric plush material of the cactus color and shape making it look more beautiful than other cat trees. The structure is very stable to enable your cat to stretch and climb all day while scratching the sisal spots. Its condo is big enough to accommodate two small cats offering them a quiet spot to curl up and rest
- An aesthetic cute cactus shaped scratching post having a color-saturated post that your cats 2ill surely love
- Has solid particleboard that provides the required durability, ensuring the safety of your cats while jumping, scratching, or playing.
- Has a soft perch, a roomy condo, and a cozy basket that gives your cat the chance to relax and play joyfully
- The pillars are wrapped with sisal post giving your cats the chance to satisfy their scratching instinct
- Very easy to install and assemble
- Brand name: BOSOZOKU
- Manufacturer: BOSOZOKU
- Weight of item: 25 pounds
- Dimension of item package: 20.1 × 20.1 × 8.2 [L × H × W]
- Target audience: Cats
- Age range: Kitties
- Color: Green
- Have a fine style that your will love
- The perch is big enough to accommodate two small cats
Buying Guide Questions
Below we shall take a look at some questions that are frequently asked by cat owners about cat trees, how to choose them, what to look for in them and how frequently you need to change them.
Are Cat Towers good for cats?
Yes, cat trees are extremely good for cats as it helps in improving their mental and physical health. While keeping them fit as it serves as a form of exercise. It also keeps your feline friend engaged playing and having fun. Cat towers also stop your cats from fighting each other and reduce their risk of developing anxiety.
What should I look for in a cat tower?
Some things to look for when buying a cat tower are the height of the cat tower, what your cat currently likes, whether it is pre-built or has to be assembled, and the material. Other things to look for in a cat tower include, the sisal post for scratching, a large perch, the needs of your cat, and whether you have children and other pets.
What is the best cat tree for large cats?
The (JOYO cat tree for large cats) is one of the best cat trees available on Amazon. It comes with a piece of soft and durable plush fabric, a sisal rope post for scratching, and jingling toys for your cat to play with. It is also very sturdy and stable thereby ensuring the safety of your cat.
The style is also fashionable and will add to your interior decoration. Also, it doesn’t occupy much space and can be placed comfortably anywhere.
Where should I put my cat tower?
The dining room, the parlor, or the bedroom beside a window are the perfect places to keep a cat tower. These places have extra space and corners where you can comfortably put your cat tower.
Just make sure you put the tower in a warm place or place it under the sun if the feline likes resting under the cool sun. Also, don’t hesitate to change the position of your cat tower when you notice your feline friend doesn’t like it.
Are Cat trees dangerous?
Cat trees aren’t dangerous but sometimes when kept at the wrong place cats might end up falling and injuring themselves which is why many companies advise pet owners to keep their towers against the wall.
Mostly, cheap cat towers are made from cheap low-quality materials, as such, they aren’t sturdy and stable and tend to expose cats to danger.
How often should you replace the cat trees?
The life span of a cat tree depends on it is quality and the attitudes of your cat. Some people choose to keep their cat towers for years while others prefer to change them after every few months.
If you’re the type that likes keeping a cat tower for long, think of choosing a cat tower that’s made from sturdy durable, and high-quality wood.
Cat towers are extremely important to you and your feline friend, they provide them with the best place to scratch thereby saving your furniture, it provides them with a place to sleep on instead of following couches and beds up and down. It encourages them to play on their own on multiple levels, the perches, and the condos. We all know that cats like grooming themselves, having a cat tower will reduce the accumulation of hair on your rugs and couches as the cat will spend more time on their tower grooming there. Just like any other thing, cat towers also have their disadvantages, among which are; some can be an eyesore to your furniture, they need to be changed time after time, they’re hard to maintain if your cat throws up there or have a hairball, above all most cat trees come at high prices that aren’t usually friend. However, the advantages of cat towers are still more than the disadvantages, therefore use the guide above and choose one for your feline friend, then go to one side and watch your pussycat play and relax on it.
For more about cats, check out our previous articles: